. Read these sentences and the followingbusiness index.
. Which advisor each sentence (1-7) describe?
. For each sentence mark one letter (A, B,C,D orE) on your Answer Sheet.
The company invests a large sum of money in high technology.
1. It is engaged in the expansion of a telecommunications line.
2. No other steel industries have such a high rating.
3. The company is the chief holder of a British company’s shares.
4. As much as forty million U. S. dollars are invested in Taiwan.
5. It has business transactions with an American company.
6. The company gets a very high interest rate from its stocks.
7. Agreements were signed between two companies about technological cooperation.
A. Telecom Asia Corporation Limited (Thailand )
-It serves as international advisor in connection with the debt and equity financing for aUS $3 billion telephone line expansion project in Bangkok. (Current)
B. Singapore Telecom international Pte. Ltd. (Singapore)
- It acquires its 50/00 interest in Cambridge Holding Ltd.,the controlling shareholder ofCambridge Cable Ltd. of the U. K. (6/1992)
C. Pohang Iron 6 Steel Co.,Ltd. (Korea) .
In connection with its ratings with Standard & Poor’s and Moody’s investor Services.The company obtained the highest rating of any steel company in the world. (II/1991)
D. Goldstar Co.,Ltd. (Korea)
In its investment in,and technology agreements with,Zenith Electronics of the U. S. -thefirst transaction of this type in Korea. (2/1991 )
E. Concord Venture Capital Co., Ltd.(Taiwan)’
-Structured,marketed to investors and made a principal investment in the Fund with totalequity of NT $ 940 million(US $ 40 million) to invest in Taiwanese high-technology venturecapital opportunities. (I/1991)
——该公司对投资者来说是结构化，市场化的机会，拥有NT $ 940 million(US $ 40 million)的资金投资于台湾的高端技术风险资本。
1. A 2. C 3. B 4. E 5. D 6. B 7. D
A friend of mine was fond of drawing horse. He drew the horses very well,but he always began the tail. Now it is the Western rule to begin at the head of the horse, that is why I was surprised. It struck me that it could not really make any difference whether the artist begins at the head or the tail or the belly(肚子) or the foot of the horse, if he really knows his business. And most great artists who really know their business do not follow other people’s rule.They make their own rules. Every one of them does his work in a way peculiar(奇特的) to himself; and the peculiarity means only that he finds it more easy to work in that way.
Now the very same thing is true to literature(文学). And the question, "How shall I begin?" only means that you want to begin at the head instead of beginning at the tail or somewhere else. That is, you are not yet experienced(有经验的) enough to trust to your own powers. When you become more experienced you will
never ask the question, and I think that you will often begin at the tail --that is to say, you will write the end of the story before you have even thought of the beginning.
1. A friend of the writer’s drew the horses ____.
A. very well
B. in the way of western rule
C. in the way of his own rule
D. all of the above
2. The writer was surprised because ____.
A. the artist began to draw at the head of the horse
B. the artist began to draw at the tail of the horse
C. the artist made his own rule
D. the artist did not follow other people’s rule
3. You are not yet experienced because ____.
A. you don’t know where to begin
B. you want to begin at the head instead of beginning at the tail
C. you always asked question
D. you do not trust to your own powers
4. When you become more experienced you will ____.
A. never ask question
B. often begin at the tail
C. should write the end of the story
D. should think of the beginning
5. The topic of the passage is ______.
A. How to draw a horse
B. How to write a story
C. How to make your own rules
D. Trust to your own powers